We call Practice Space a research studio because we are always asking questions. We ask them about our everyday work, and we ask them about specific topics that tie together our process across the shop, studio, and public programs.
1. Methods / The work of living / workshops and public programs at practice space:
Taught by in-house staff, sometimes in collaboration with invited artists and educators, we create space for adults to share their stories and experiences in the context of learning, curiosity, and reflection.
- Manifesto and Collage with Danielle + Alexandra
- Listening is Emotional Labor with Diana
- Practicing Color / Practicing Material with Nicole (workshops for both kids and adults)
- Habit/Women in Clothes
- Walking tours led by us and others
(spring-summer 2018) WHEN IS COLOR MATERIAL?
(potential summer 2018) WHAT IS A THEORY OF COLOR?
(winter 2017-18) WHAT IS THE IDEA OF NORTH?
(fall 2017) HOW DO WE PRESERVE OUR MOST PRECIOUS MEMORIES?
(summer 2017) WHAT IF WE WERE WILD?
(spring 2017) HOW MIGHT WONDER MAKE OUR CITY BETTER?
(deep winter 2017) HOW CAN HYGGE BE PART OF OUR RESISTANCE?
(holiday 2016) WHAT ARE OUR HOLIDAY TRADITIONS?
What is inman square?
What does it mean to be a feminist business?
How do you project manage in the experimental feminine?
3. Glyphs - the building blocks of our brand, and a visual representation of our approach to asking questions.